Sunday, April 13, 2008

Why don't you share your overseas experience?

Hi, dear classmates!
April is a cruel month, but now we're having just lovely days, aren't we?
Could you tell me one of your experiences during a trip abroad?
To share your overseas experience, impressions of the country, or any anectote could be of great help to us all, I think. My first and only overseas trip was a four-day visit to Beijing, China two years ago, which was held as our school trip. I didn't have so much fun there except sightseeing, because I had to spend most of my time keeping an eye on my students. It was so smoggy and sultry without any breeze in Beijing at that time. I only remember the unfamiliar smell and taste of Mapa Tofu(마파두부.How do you say it in English?), which made me lose my appetite and skip the next meal. Please tell me one of your experiences!!!

5 comments:

KIMMIE said...

Hi, Sunny.

Wow, I'm the first..^^
Hmm, experiences travelling abroad... The though itself makes me extremely excited. Actually, I've been to Newzleand 2 years ago. It was the very first time I went abroad. It was sooooo great. Newzleand is a great place to enjoy nature and peaceful days. I took a full rest there and it gave me a power to challenge something else after coming back. I'm sure everyone will like it when they visit there. ^^

Nicole said...

Hi Sunny,
Too bad your experience was so terrible. I'm sure that your trip to America will be much better simply because you don't have to watch students.
I've had quite a bit of travel experience and most of it has been wonderful. I'll tell you about one trip I took to Amsterdam. I met a couple from my home town of Vancouver while on a day trip to the countryside and they invited me back to their Dutch relative's home. I had a wnderful time in their home on the canal and enjoyed some traditional food with them. They had lived there since WW11 so I got a great perspective on how the area had changed.

Mcluhan said...

Hi, Ace!!

My first oversea trip was to travel Newzealand by myself 10 years ago. Since Newzealand is a sparsely populated contry, most of people showed an easy and composed attitude. Also, Newzealand has a lof of nice landscapes such as Mt.Cook, Milford Sound, Glacier and Queenstown.

Also, I enjoyed the Newzealand food "Fish and Chip."

Mars said...

My first trip abroad was Thailand on my honeymoon. The 2nd time was with my family 3 years ago. And during last spring break, I went there with my husband and the other couples. Every different visit gave me a little different impression. I enjoyed staying there most in my 2nd visit with my family. We walked together in the night market in Pataya and climbed up the steep stairs in the Ankor Wat. I couldn't forget that days.

s0311april said...

When I stayed in San Francisco for 4 weeks 10 years ago, I got on the wrong bus. It took us the neighborhood where I stayed finally, but it was a bus to stop at every bus stop. In the bus, there were only black people. I was so scared.